Blebricks technology can be successfully used to implement new ideas, products or applications in the…
The Blebricks technology is successfully used for applications in the precision farming sector, including wineries, oil companies and horticulture. As a matter of fact, a set of wireless sensors and/or actuators, once installed in the ground, allow the automation of specific functions.
- Soil/crop analysis for optimization of production contributions
- Crop analysis for variable rate fertilizer distribution
- Information on the physiological stage of crops
- Irrigation system automation
- Real-time analysis of the environmental characteristics of external areas and internal spaces (humidity, CO2 concentrations, etc.)
Prototype and Proof of Concept:
Thanks to our instant prototyping system, it is possible to develop the prototype of the electronic device in a few minutes with a cost of a few tens of euros, based on the sensor configuration.
The device is then covered by a housing that allows it to be fixed to walls or in the ground without causing any damage. With our 3D-FLEX service, we can in fact provide, to customers who request them, 3D-FDM printed housings that can be customized for each specific application, even with colors and logos chosen by the customer.
With our MakeApp it will be possible to configure and verify on-site, via smartphone, the functioning of the sensors.
Through the Bricksboard, our online platform, it is possible to analyze the data transmitted by the sensors in real-time, explote the da log history and locate the sensors on google maps. It will also be possible to set specific actions such as sending messages or e-mails, and activating other local devices when certain events occur, such as exceeding critical values revealed by the sensors used.
Finally, the customer can create his own software using our libraries and / or the documentation of the protocols used. Alternatively, you can take advantage of Software solutions created by our Partners for specific applications.
With the BLE-B it is possible to measure the various environmental data of the soil/crops as well as manage any Blebricks with auxiliary sensors/actuators including:
- ENV: for a more accurate measurement of temperature (indoor and outdoor), atmospheric pressure, relative humidity (environment / soil), indoor air quality (standard IAQ index) and organic volatile concentration index ( VOCx) such as Carbon monoxide (CO), Ethanol (C2H5OH), Ethane (C2H6), Acetone (C3H6O) Isoprene (C5H8)
- RHT: for the measurement of environmental humidity and temperature
- SMS: for measuring the soil temperature and humidity
- UVA: to detect exposure to UV-A rays
- WND: to measure the wind speed
- PLV: for measuring the quantity of rainwater
- RGB + WPL: for the colorimetry of the leaves
- CO2: to measure the amount of carbon dioxide present in the environment
- OAQ: for the measurement of Ozone (O3) and nitrogen oxides (Nox)
Finally with the Blebricks:
- RPS or XPS, the customer can choose the most suitable power supply for the type of installation (rechargeable batteries or alkaline stylus)
- SFX or NBT an LP-WAN network can be created to send data directly to remote servers/locations
b) Sensors’ check
Using our MakeApp or the Bricksboard platform it will be possible to immediately check the functioning of the sensors and set alerts in the event of special conditions.
The sensors can be configured locally via Bluetooth through our MakeApp available for Android devices and which can be used for:
- Collect the data transmitted by the sensors on site
- Configure devices (transmission intervals, BLE power, event detection, etc.)
- Georeference the devices at the time of installation by sending the coordinates detected by the Smartphone itself.
The customer can download our Java or PHP libraries or the technical documentation necessary to create their own software. Alternatively, the user can use the services and/or specific Software solutions already developed by our partners for specific applications.
The BricksBoard platform can be used with all modes of data transmission and collection. There is also the possibility to customize the dashboard to allow further processing in addition to the following:
- visualization of the data coming from the single sensors
- graphs with the historical data of the individual sensors
- display of the position of the sensors on Google maps for outdoor use
- activation of alarms upon the occurrence of particular events (eg threshold exceeding).
d) Data transmission
Localization and data collection can take place in two ways:
- Via Smartphone and App. It is possible to carry out inventory, localization and data collection in off-line mode when the operator (eg supervisor) passes near the assets. The App then proceeds to transfer the information to the server with the Software used for the management of the assets. This solution is the least expensive as it only requires local transmitters. An App for Asset Management was developed by our Partner Wiphi.
- Via LP-WAN. By adding an SFX-type Blebrick, we can send information relating to sensors and localization directly to the server: inventory, location and data collection take place in real-time and the intervention of the operator/supervisor is no longer necessary.
Following the validation of the prototype in the field (PoC), the customer will be able to obtain the supply of their industrialized and customized devices even on small series, through the “Fast Route to Production” service, a turnkey solution that also includes the necessary certification CE or others on request.
The “Fast Route to Production” service uses Blebricks technology to provide the customer with their own customizable product with its own logo. It is an economical, fast and reliable solution that integrates the prototype devices used for the PoC on a single support, eliminating redundancies in order to make the final product more compact, efficient and less expensive.