The Ble-B is the BleBricks’ basic communication module. Equipped with a revolutionary flexibility, when assembled with other BleBricks it extends without limits the sensorial and I/O capabilities of your Smartphones and Tablets.
Even when considered as a stand alone unit, with no other BleBricks connected to it, the BLE-B can be regarded as a “super” Beacon that, by exploiting the Bluetooth® and/or NFC, wireless technology adds important features to the basic functionalities of the commercial Beacons and opens new possible scenarios for applications.
- Unbounded Interactions: by appropriately exploiting the advertising and observing capabilities, the BLE-B allows a simultaneous data exchange with any number of similar devices and Smartphones, practically overcoming the limits to the number of allowable “connections”.
- Direct Interactions: the BLE-B can be configured to detect specific events, exchange commands and actions with a any number of other similar BLE-Bs. I.e. by detecting an action or status on a specific BLE-B (i.e. push button, overcoming of a temperature threshold, etc) it can be sent a predefined command to one or a group of BLE-Bs, so that in turn they can activate specific own actions (i.e. Turn LED on, Activate I7O, rele etc.)
- Management of I/Os pins: The BLE-B allows to control and/or observe the status of its own I/O Pins directly via Bluetooth® . More specifically there are:
- 4 digital I/O pins, that can be used both as inputs or outputs (when no other BleBricks are connected to the BLE-B)
- 2 pins that can be configured either as digital I/Os or analog inputs
- Easy Fix: Insiders know well that often Beacons manufacturers underestimate the needs of having different way to attach the Beacons to the items they are “linked” to. The BLE-Bs come with a set of interchangeable basis allowing to fix them in many possible ways: magnetic, adhesive, wristband, keyholdern screws, rivets, cable ties and so on.