Blebricks technology can be successfully used to implement new ideas, products or applications in the…
Blebricks technology can be used to implement new ideas, products or applications relating to workplace safety.
A set of wearable wireless sensors provides information relating to events that could put the health of employees at risk.
Wearable wireless sensors allow you to detect for example:
- Man down Falls or bumps
- Toxic gases and / or air quality
- Vehicles or moving parts in the vicinity of the operator
- Use of protective devices
- Access to unauthorized areas
Prototype and Proof of Concept:
Thanks to our instant prototyping system, it is possible to prototype the electronic device in a few moments with a cost of a few tens of euros, depending on the sensor configuration.
The prototype device is usually supplied in the Expert version and therefore enclosed in a housing that allows it to be worn or fixed to assets or to pre-existing structures.
With our 3D-FLEX service, we can provide, to customers whom request them, 3D-FDM printed housings that can be customized for each specific application, even with colors and logos chosen by the customer.
With our MakeApp it will be possible to configure and verify on-site, via smartphone, the functioning of the sensors.
Through the Bricksboard, our online platform, it is possible to analyze the data transmitted by the sensors in real-time, explore the data log history and, for the the outdoor applications, locate the sensors on Google Maps. It will also be possible to set specific actions such as sending messages or e-mails, and activating other local devices when certain events occur, such as exceeding critical values revealed by the sensors used.
Finally, the customer can create his own software using our libraries and /or the documentation of the protocols used. Alternatively, the user can take advantage of Software solutions created by our Partners for specific application.
With the BLE-B it will be possible to measure the local temperature value, the presence of other protective devices or access to restricted areas as well as managing any Blebricks connected to it with auxiliary sensors / actuators including:
- IMU: to detect man down, falls or bumps
- BUZ: to make the device emit acoustic signals in the event of an alarm
- WPL: to make the device generate visual signals in the event of an alarm
- VBR: to make the device vibrate in the event of an alarm
- IRR: to detect crossing of infrared barriers or the presence in unwanted areas
- IRT: to generate coded infrared barriers
- CAP: to detect if the device is being worn
- ENV: for more accurate measurement of temperature (indoor and outdoor), atmospheric pressure, relative humidity (environment/soil), indoor air quality (standard IAQ index) and organic volatile concentration index (VOCx) such as Carbon monoxide (CO), Ethanol (C2H5OH), Ethane (C2H6), Acetone (C3H6O) Isoprene (C5H8)
- CO2: to measure the amount of carbon dioxide present in the environment
- OAQ: for the measurement of Ozone (O3) and Nitrogen Oxides (Nox)
- Other gases detectable on request
Finally with the Blebricks:
- RPS or XPS you can choose the most suitable power supply for the devices
- SFX or NBT it will be possible to build an LP-WAN network to send data directly to remote servers/stations
Blebricks technical details here.
b) Check the functioning of the sensors
Using our MakeApp or the Bricksboard platform it will be possible to immediately check the functioning of the sensors and set alerts in case of particular conditions.
The sensors can be configured locally via Bluetooth through our MakeApp available for Android devices and which can be used for:
- Collect the data transmitted by the sensors on site
- Configure the devices (transmission intervals, BLE power, event detection etc)
- Georeference the devices at the time of installation by sending the coordinates detected by the Smartphone itself.
The customer can download our Java or PHP libraries or the technical documentation necessary to create their own software. Alternatively, the user can use the services and/or specific Software solutions already developed by our partners for specific applications.
The BricksBoard platform can be used with all modes of data transmission and collection. There is also the possibility to customize the dashboard to allow further processing in addition to the following:
- visualization of the data coming from the single sensors
- graphs with the historical data of the individual sensors
- display of the position of the sensors on Google maps for outdoor use
- activation of alarms upon the occurrence of particular events (eg threshold exceeding).
d) Data transmission
Localization and data collection can take place in the following ways:
- Smartphone and MakeApp. It is possible to detect the data transmitted by the sensors locally (within a range of tens of meters) and view them on the Smartphone. The MakeApp activates audio guides in the proximity of works of art on which a BLE-Beacon has been previously prepared and warns the guide in case of removal or pressing of the button. It will also send the information to the server for later viewing and processing.
- Gateway. Thanks to our Gateway with BLE5.0 technology (which in the free field can cover distances greater than 300 meters) using the WI-Fi, Ethernet or 3/4G (optional) network, users can send the information coming from the sensors to the server, in real-time, autonomously without requiring any operator intervention.
- LP-WAN- By adding a Blebrick type SFX or NBT and using the Sigfox or 4G network (NB-IoT), we can send information from the sensors to the server in real-time and without requiring any operator intervention
Our “Fast Route to Production” service allows us to provide a turnkey solution that offers:
- Industrialization, necessary to transform the prototype into a product with optimized costs, form factors, and performance (housing of the final device on request);
- production and testing, taking advantage of the fact that predefined production processes, test equipment and procurement structures, already validated and started, are reused;
- certification, with the benefit of reusing parent modules already certified CE (further certifications on request).
In conclusion, the “Fast Route to Production” service uses Blebricks technology to provide customers with a customized product with their own logo. It is an economical, fast and reliable solution that integrates the prototype devices used for the PoC on a single support, eliminating redundancies in order to make the final product more compact, efficient and less expensive. Development times and costs are thus drastically reduced by 90% compared to competing solutions.