Blebricks technology can be successfully used to implement new ideas, products or applications in the…
The Blebricks technology, designed to quickly and efficiently create new devices in the IoT field, is used to give a concrete answer to the need to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the workplace.
As a matter of fact, prototypes of wearable sensors were instantly created and fine-tuned to support strategies for social distancing and tracking potential contacts at risk.
The innovative Protector device (PROximiTy deTECTOR) was therefore industrialized and built-in record time, in less than a month.
In compliance with and within the limits permitted by current legislation on privacy, it is required to:
- Report the distance limits between two or more operators. The device must emit a progressive alarm signal (vibration, acoustic or visual signals) if it detects the presence of another device in the proximity (e.g. 2 meters).
- Detect the contacts of the single operator in real-time. Any violations of safety distances and gatherings must be reported in real-time to the computer system, which manages any emergencies, tracing the spread of contacts. This allows us to trace the chain of contagion and ensure that the company can take the necessary quarantine measures.
- Generate the contact log. Violations of safety distances must be saved in the internal memory of the device. The data collected is acquired by the off-line computer system in the work areas (eg charging points, canteens, break places) so as to reconstruct the mapping of contacts.
Proof of Concet:
The proof of concept consists of a Blebricks kit containing 2 devices in the Expert version (i.e. without housing).
a) Hardware device’s prototype
- BLE-B: Blebrick with BLE 4.2 communication (or 5.0 on request)
- RPS: Power Blebrick with 80mAh battery and u-USB charging
- BUZ: Blebrick with Buzzer function
- VBR: Blebrick with Vibrator function
- SFX: Blebrick to transmit data via LP-WAN Sigfox to a server
b) Sensors’ Check
With our MakeApp it will be possible to configure and verify on-site, via smartphone, the functioning of the sensors.
The customer can download our Java or PHP libraries or the technical documentation necessary to create their own software. Alternatively, the user can use the services and/or specific Software solutions already developed by our partners for specific applications.
The transmission and collection of data by the IT platform can take place through:
- Smartphone and MakeApp. It is possible to detect the data transmitted by the sensors locally within a range of tens of meters and explore them on the Smartphone. If needed, the MakeApp also sends the information to the server for subsequent viewing and processing.
- Gateway. Our Gateway uses the WI-Fi, Ethernet or 3/4G network (optional) to send information from the sensors to the server in real-time and to download independently (without requiring any operator intervention) any stored contact logs from devices.
Production of the “Protector”:
Our “Fast Route to Production” service allows us to provide a turnkey solution that offers:
- Industrialization, necessary to transform the prototype into a product with optimized costs, form factors, and performance (housing of the final device on request);
- production and testing, taking advantage of the fact that predefined production processes, test equipment and procurement structures, already validated and started, are reused;
- certification, with the benefit of reusing parent modules already certified CE (further certifications on request).
The Protector device was made and placed on the market in less than a month with this result.